Townhouse Studios

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mata_haze

Well,
as you english engineers already know the "townhouse studio audio department" has shut down.
I have been part of the team who actually decommissioned the whole studio (actually 5 multitrack studios and 3 mastering studios) in pieces.
these are few pictures of the job.

Neumann mastering console (a VM70 lathe on the back left side)

Neumann Bits and Pieces

Studio 1 before (Malcom Jackson- Pete Higgins- Steve Culnane and the 4072)

Studio 1 being decommissioned

Studio 1 end of the story..

well despite all this GREAT mess, I'll have soon some stuff (bits and pieces NO OUTBOARD as such) up for sale... keep an eye on black market.
more pictures to come if you guys are interested...

Best,

Mattia.

Bummer.

My old mate Cenzo Townsend was working there until it closed I think.

I once went for a job interview there, but got offered more money to stay where I was...

I always liked the Townhouse. -When I went for the job interview they still had the Helios in studio 1 and the SL4000 B-series in studio 2. -Julian Loyd-Weber was in studio B that day, and I think ASIA were in studio 1.

Keith

[quote author="lofi"]the gears gona be auctioned by www.mjq.co.uk according to SOS[/quote]

Mmmm that's strange because Funky Junk seem to have been sending round a news email saying that they are flogging it !!

That's pretty sad.

I'm with Justin, great rooms are invaluable. Sorry to see it happen... again.

Funky are defo selling some of the gear as I have just literally been messing with a distressor that came right out of Townhouse, and was shipped to a friend of mine yesterday.

I believe they were all bought at auction and held until shipping.

-T

[quote author="Ptownkid"]Why is there a cup of coffee placed so precariously close to gear...[/quote]

It explains the roll of toilet paper on the top of the lathe console in the preceeding picture. :grin:

[quote author="TomWaterman"]Funky are defo selling some of the gear as I have just literally been messing with a distressor that came right out of Townhouse, and was shipped to a friend of mine yesterday. [/quote]

yes,we are indeed selling the gear.quite a lot of interesting stuff came out of the 2 mastering rooms.

[quote author="Ptownkid"]Why is there a cup of coffee placed so precariously close to gear...[/quote]

to show proportion of the items in relation with a "domestic object"

[quote author="stickjam"]
It explains the roll of toilet paper on the top of the lathe console in the preceeding picture. [/quote]

one of the guys who helped us on decommissioning had a terrible cold and no tissues on him.
so he borrowed the toilet paper.

:green: :green: :green: :green: :green:

Another studio closed, it reminds me of when the "The Square Centre" in nottingham closed back in 2003 it had a great live room with a very high sealing and someone picked up some deals on equipment especally the Console.

I think its been taken over by someone else now but all the gear and engineers left.

Latest posts

Back