Good case for Tube Mic PSU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="tommypiper"]Looks very good to me! Just put a strap on the top...[/quote]

There were 3 sizes and I was wondering which would be most suitable for cooling etc.
Thanks for mentioning "strap" . I was pulling my hair with my previous google searches for "retractable handle" and a whole bunch of other useless searches

The 513 would be the closest size, but still not tall enough.

My complaint with these boxes is that the end panels are flimsy. The box is made from 2 u-shaped pieces of steel. The end panels do not have any support at the top, so you have to add something behind them to prevent bending when you connect a mic, XLR, or power. Adding a L bracket adds a screw in the top plate, which is unappealing to me. I have epoxied a metal bar in there which works OK, but unless it is tapped and screwed to the end plates, they bend OUT when disconnecting.
Mike

check these guys for the $ look good.

http://www.web-tronics.com/general-supplies-for-electronics-enclosures.html

[quote author="sodderboy"]The 513 would be the closest size, but still not tall enough.

My complaint with these boxes is that the end panels are flimsy. The box is made from 2 u-shaped pieces of steel. The end panels do not have any support at the top, so you have to add something behind them to prevent bending when you connect a mic, XLR, or power. Adding a L bracket adds a screw in the top plate, which is unappealing to me. I have epoxied a metal bar in there which works OK, but unless it is tapped and screwed to the end plates, they bend OUT when disconnecting.
Mike[/quote]

thanks Mike
[quote author="tommypiper"]
Do you have other cases you like better?[/quote]

I dont know if you're asking me or Mike- but I do like the WunderAudio cases.I dunno if they are custom making it

Latest posts

Back