Peluso on NPR

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hodad

I caught a bit of this in the car on my way home today.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89705610

The odds were pretty slim that on the way to the store I heard the tail end of this.... and the odds that I wasn't listening to a CD was slim.

I was shocked to hear them talk about peuso and hear the mourmons sing...

looking forward to the whole program.

I had emailed [ and called ] him trying to find out how
Schoeps and non-chinese [ or not ] his SD mics were
but never got a reply to find out any comparison even
though he bills them that way .
I would think , like many that he has had to supplement
with lower cost " off shore " product in addition to his line ,
when people want name peluso at a different price point

I had one of his P12 mics for a time. Supposedly a copy of a C12. From what I gather he has the bodies and power supplies made in China. I liked the mic well enough but it "felt" cheap. The tolerances and finish work on the the body were so so and the power supply felt flimsy. Thin metal chassis. Connectors were a little flimsy as well. One of the xlr jacks on the PS was crooked and I just kept thinking "malkjos" when I looked at it. It sounded fine but I eventually sold it for something I liked better (R84). I do think his stuff is good for the money though.

Steve

truly awesome,

and did anyone else notice how down-south-bluesy-greazy that bb king cut was? that's some real blues! (as if i really know, but hey, I love it)

I saw BB once and the 3rd song he played was more upbeat than that, but I really had a sense I was hearing the real blues. the rest of the show was great, just more big band than f-ing blues.

QUOTE............."I would think , like many that he has had to supplement
with lower cost " off shore " product in addition to his line........."

Hmmmm.........I've had similar thoughts, I kinda hinted at it here http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=327993&highlight=#327993 ........obviously, it's only suspicions.

Latest posts

Back