My Studio Monitor Buzzes? any ideas.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammas

Its a KRK V4. I bought them overseas, and have been told to ring KRK in the USA (a little expensive phone call). The call will have to wait til tomorrow night my time to avoide the weekend.

I bought a pair, replaced the fuses and switch the power to 240V for Australian power as the Manual said.

The left one started buzzing an upper mid range buzz/hum after 45 minutes or so of there first use. the Buzz goes away when i switch the monitor off them back on, but comes back after a brief period of use.

It seems the longer its off the longer it will last without the buzz. But eventually it comes back.'im using balanced cables, have tried swapping cables both audio and power, i have tried relocating the monitors but the buzz presists.

It ONLY happens in the one monitor, in the Tweeter and only the tweeter.

any ideas? or am i going to have to ship it back to the US?

Sounds like a bad crossover. Perhaps they can send you a new one and you can change it yourself, and then send the bad one back. At least you could use the monitors in the mean time.

Shane

Are you in Sydney? If you are and they ship you parts I am happy to put them in for you. Try buying one of those $10.00 phone cards from the grocery store, if you get the right one you can call the US for a few cents per minute.

[quote author="Steve Jones"]Are you in Sydney? If you are and they ship you parts I am happy to put them in for you. Try buying one of those $10.00 phone cards from the grocery store, if you get the right one you can call the US for a few cents per minute.[/quote]

Great Idea, thanks Steve!!

and yup, im down the south end in the sutherland shire...

My workshop is in Bondi Junction, so if you get into real trouble, let me know. :guinness:

(I wonder if the Lab Guinness is draught or that puke out of a can?)

I've heard of this happening with KRK's but they were V6's It was just one of a pair and it was the cross over. Hmmmm

Latest posts

Back