I'd like to rack a Trident B range Channel

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warpboy

Hello,
I'd like to put a B range channel in a 2u rack.
First : I' have built A psu with +24v, -24v, +45v. A second one for the unbalanced to balanced output stage (+15v,-15v)
second :replacing caps.

But, now, it doesn't work...No sound!!!

do I connect -45v to the chassis and the pin 1 of the edge connector?

I have connected the pin 11 to the pin 25 of the connector (I don't use a line fader), is it correct?

I need a schematic because it'll help me to follow the signal from the input to the output of the trident board.

thank you by advance

:wink:

Hi ! I racked some B range modules recently. If I remember correctly I just wired +44VDC to pin 5 and 0V to pin 1. The 24V are just for relays and the lamps ( in the mute switch) . I think I also connected pin 7 to pin 9 - thats the insert earth and since the insert is unbalanced this could be your problem.

If you p.m. your email adress I can send you the schematic. best k.

thnk you Keeno, pm sent :wink:
I can hear an awfull "bzzzzzz", maybe a bad cap that I haven't seen...or ..... :roll: but no sound (tested with a dynamic mic)

I have to connect pin 1 on the connector to chassis earth, but where do I connect 0v from the psu?

Hello,
I try with a line level signal, like the mic preamp, I have a signal at the first transistor of the preamp stage....but after It doesn't seem to work :?
:?: :?: :?:

At my modules I connected 0V to pin 1 and I got no problems.
You have to connect pin 23 to pin 25 ( insert signal ) and pin 7 to pin 9 ( insert earth ) Do you have signal present at pin 23 ?

Hello,
Thank you again for all these infos...

I have signal at pin 23, but I don't know trident B range schematic really much and I have some questions about it :

the rotary gain switch : for a line level , will the gain increase for all the positions of the rotary switch or does it work like a Neve 1073 (i.e).
I have looked at the schematic and it seems that for a line level, only the 4 last positions are used??? really not sure of what I say :roll:

Adding an output potentiometer : i'd like to add one, can I do it simply ?

No more diy for this week end .

have a nice week end

:wink:

hello,
thank you Keeno :wink:
I've finished and the B-range works correctly. I like the preamp and the eq is really pleasant :thumb:

Good to hear the Module is working again !! What was the problem ?
Haved you added a potentiometer ? I removed the echo send pot and added Bourns 5K series91 potentiometers on my modules. The shaft size stays the same with these. works great - best- k.

Hi
Warpboy

I also do a rack 2 modules: trident range B

you can help me?

I can send diagrams of how you have connected the trident range B

so 'I can also understand how to do :thumb:

Send Me To My Email : [email protected]

Or Here !!!

Sincerely
Zolex

Back