2254/33609 again. Some photos.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igor

Hi guys!

Just finnished a pair of these cuties.

They were made for Neve-addicted guy, who supplied all
original (as possible) trunny's and 183's...
Eldad, thanx for inspiration and ears!
BTW, choke+2567 sounds a way more Nevish than Carenhills...
We're happy with sound.

Thanx to Tat who did excellent boxes! Great work as allways!

PIC_0538.jpg

PIC_0550.jpg

PIC_0531.jpg

PIC_0556.jpg

PIC_0558.jpg

PIC_0559.jpg

PIC_0560.jpg

PIC_0564.jpg

Great pcb design as always Igor :thumb:
When designing pcbs is it better to draw ground planes at first, then the pcb traces or the contrary ?

Can I buy a couple PCBs? Please? :cool:

How do you get the 31267 in the octal to sit on the PCB? Can we do this on the 33609 kit too?

On the Choke + 2567 thing..

Just to make sure what it looks like is what you got going on there..

On the output transformers primary connections (283AM B&M) you have the choke T1310.

This is what I am not sure about as it looks like your taking the(283AM B) and running that to the + side of a 63V cap then into the transformer. Is the other side of the 2567 Primary connected to Pin F of the 283AM?

The way I understood using a T1310 with a 283AM is using it accross the B & M Terminal as a load. Connect a ungaped transformer fed through a capacitor (to block DC) on terminal F of the 283AM, I would think you would terminate the other end of the transformer to the M terminal (but I could be wrong)

??? Stumped like Forest Gump..

Hi!
I think there's people who knows more about Neve stuff...
For example, here:
http://www.auroraaudio.net/dcforum/DCForumID1/213.html
;)
On the Choke + 2567 thing..

On the output transformers primary connections (283AM B&M) you have the choke T1310.

This is what I am not sure about as it looks like your taking the(283AM B) and running that to the + side of a 63V cap then into the transformer. Is the other side of the 2567 Primary connected to Pin F of the 283AM?

I just connected other side of the 2567 primary to ground.

Can I buy a couple PCBs? Please?

How do you get the 31267 in the octal to sit on the PCB?
Can we do this on the 33609 kit too?

I have 4 spare stuffed and adjusted pcb's, VU's and 2 boxes, just drop-in trunny's, Elma switches for Comp.thd, and BA283.

Feel free to PM.

Octal 31267's aren't fits good on this pcb.
You just have to drill some holes etc.

When designing pcbs is it better to draw ground planes at first, then the pcb traces or the contrary ?

It is better to "sleep on this" then you have an idea...then little-by-little,
move the stuff arround...it comes out naturally.
I starting from making "groups" like input circuit-bypass relays stuff-output circuit...etc, then, after you put things together, ground and PS layout comes up by themselves.
Put your favorite LP when doing pcb design, it helps a lot ;)
The 33609 layout was impressed mostly by Pat Metheny,
Echoes compillation and Legendary Pink Dots.

Does anybody have any idea what kind of knobs Igor used on this? I've gone through almost every knob on Mouser and Digikey and can't seem to figure it out. I'm trying to find all three different knob types.

Sorry to bring back a zombie thread just with a knob question!

Schurter knobs....IIRC they don't produce them anymore (at least the "wingish" ones).

Back