G Pultec complete except high boost isn't working

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JW said:
I'm not sure why. I wired ioaudio's inductor up according to the diagram in this thread: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=26067&highlight=inductors

Anyone have this diagram?  The link is broken.

Thanks,
--
Don

Thanks!  That's weird, but I posted that diagram in this thread after I found it with a good link in another thread and it didn't show up.

Cheers,
--
Don

MicDaddy said:
..hmmm, I try to archive things like this on a disk just for my own reference for the very reason that too many things end up just disappearing.  I uploaded the copy from my drive.

Yes.  There are quite a few dead links in the meta threads that I've looked at.  It seems the Pultec meta only has a small amount of the actual posts about the project.  I guess there were just too many threads started before someone made the one thread to handle all the Pultec questions/discussion.

I plugged the ioaudio inductor values using the standard caps on Gyraf's Pultec version into an online calculator and got the following values for high boost frequencies:

Both of the inductors have 12mH, 68mH, 141mH, and 275mH taps.  I'm not clear why the lowest one isn't closer to the original value of 22, but they seem to line up after that.

Cheers,
--
Don

Latest posts

Back