tube mic PSU's..

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asm

stupid question ahead:

does 'any' tube mic PSU brand work as long as its sending the same voltage or does it have to be a specific brand?

i found this old tube mic, but it doesnt have a PSU, can i find the voltage required for the mic and then build/buy say an old Telefunken psu to power it?

please help me if im way off. just dont wanna fry something cause of mixed matched parts if im wrong.

:thumb:
thanks!
t

You will need to verify that HT voltage and current, heater voltage and current as well as wireing are the same. Not many tube mics are cross-compatible.

Jakob E.

I'm pretty sure that M582's don't have AC701's in them. The KM54's and the like did, but the Gefell stuff had something else. I want to say its an EC92 (????), but I can't remember exactly, and I don't know squat about tubes.... yet. :wink:

Anyway, I have a pair of M582's that are dead mint, with nickel diaphragms (M62 cardioid). I bought them from Scott Hampton a few years ago. The mics are original, but with one of Scott's dual power supplies. He included an extra tube, tested of course, and said they were cheap an easy to find when needed. Whatever they use, they sound really nice.... fantastic on acoustic instruments.

JC

your right I was confusing them with the shoeps 221 it is a ecc92 6ba6 same tube in the cmv563

Wil

Wilebee

The power-supply should have + 120 V at 2 mA , max hum 15 uV (  High Voltage ) and + 5,8 V at 150 mA , max hum 0,3 mV ( Filament ) Like an N 61 ...

Do you have cable and connector?

Latest posts

Back