*yawn*

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like veroboards too :thumb:
But it is important to choose good veroboards, though
I like those .1" spaced boards with big square tined pads

P-2-P is eve better! :thumb: I plan on experimenting something with 4x PCC189's in parallel and a MOS-FET power amp, and I can already see the nice hell of both P-2-P and veroboard in it. :green:

Shit, I should take the inside shots of the Analag opto some day. I just showed the innards to EEMO1. I'm not sure if he was impressed or just plain terrified. :twisted:

Heh...
Here is one of my prototypes: no veroboards at all. One PCB between transformers (voltage rectifiers and regulators -- filament, G2, preamp B+, 3 more FETs are on heatsinks inside of a nest of wires, resistors, capacitors...)
Made in 2004, last tweak was made this April...

under_pyramid.gif

[quote author="Viitalahde"]YEAH! :thumb:[/quote]
And it is easy to tweak! :grin:
That red masking tape is wrapped around Zobel networks between anodes of output tubes. Still no sparks, no shocks happened... :green:

[quote author="RogerFoote"]
Did this last year...
[/quote]

Cool, almost empty! :thumb:

[quote author="RogerFoote"][quote author="Wavebourn"][quote author="RogerFoote"]
Did this last year...
[/quote]

Cool, almost empty! :thumb:[/quote]

Pure bliss! It's all you need.... None of that SS BS!

rf[/quote]

I need that BS: it is not a guitar amp. Sag, non-linearities, intermodulations: all is bad in my case :green: As the result, peak power and continuous power when both channels driven is the same. Like a rock. No, like roses on stones. :grin:

I need that BS: it is not a guitar amp. Sag, non-linearities, intermodulations: all is bad in my case

I respect your preference, but many great tube amps have been done before for hifi with no solid-state. :thumb:

[quote author="rafafredd"]
I need that BS: it is not a guitar amp. Sag, non-linearities, intermodulations: all is bad in my case

I respect your preference, but many great tube amps have been done before for hifi with no solid-state. :thumb:[/quote]

I respect their heroic efforts, but my life is easier because I have mechanical switches, electrical relays, vacuum tubes, solid state devices, small electrolytic and metal film capacitors, ICs, and digital stuff that can run software! Great flexibility to find optimal results... And suboptimal. as well... :cool:
I can order PCBs for places that don't need to be tweaked, I can run point-to-point what may be optimized... Flexibility, again! :thumb: I like a freedom. :grin:

[quote author="RogerFoote"]Almost forgot...
YMMV! :green:[/quote]

Yes, MMMV :grin:

Speaking of specs, everything depends on what and how to measure. You may align all strings in grand-piano perfectly horizontally and strictly according to magnet fields of the Earth, but if you can't play... :razz:

Who believes in Etched PCboards ?

..obviously not me...

DSCN2897.jpg

DSCN2891.jpg

stabbed.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/Midiot/DSCN2795.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/Midiot/point2point.gif

Back