What's the beast?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Jumped from the tree, danced few minutes, then died...

hvost1.gif

hvost2.gif

it's a lizard's tail. The lizard must have been attacked by something in the tree. A lot of lizards have a defense mechanism that includes making their own tails fall off. The predator generally plays around with the severed tail while the lizard runs away. It's a pretty strange thing to do but the tail eventually grows back!

There was some chemical/bioagent that was recently created that can allow small areas of human skin/bone/muscle to grow back, including fingertips and toes as long as the joints stayed intact, but I don't remember where I read about it. It was some kind of bio-engineered stem cell I think..

EDIT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7354458.stm

Sadly though they almost never grow back as identical copies of their former self, you clearly see the regenerated tail of a lizard that has lost his 'birth' tail, but it is amazing none the less that they can regenerate they way they do.

Cheers

Matt

Yes, regeneration is amazing! What is amazing also, a tail that can dance alone!!! And such an enormous device grows again!

Latest posts

Back