LXH2 guitar cab sim - anyone tried it?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Curtis"]
Thanks for the links, some nice tunes there. So are these examples of direct guitar sounds or amped?
[/quote]
A bit of both, I'd have to go over the notes to be sure, I would say that about
1/3 of the gtr's are from a "proper" amp and all the rest are either from the
JMP-1 with a BSIAB pedal up front ( brown sound in a box ) or the H&K MetalMaster
which sounds extreme but is capable of very nice low gain tones.
This was either used via spkr sim outs or via a 1x12 cab from the cab output, which
is only 4 watts but sounds great.
Many gtr tracks ( if not all ) were split so that a "direct clean" part was also recorded,
this meant that we could either "re-amp" later or just use Amplitube or something for another tone.
It proved useful at the mix to "fix" a couple of sound issues.
Other "goodies" used in general where DIY TS-808 and Dynacomp and some other OD's
and a Voodoo vibe plus a DIY CE-2 with a "vibe" option.

I wouldn't mind a PCB for that Fender also !!

MM.

tv if you want something with sag check the ada ampulator schematic here http://www.adadepot.com/adagear/gearpages/cabsims/ADA-Ampulator.htm

IIRC it have a sag control. the ampulator have a small push pull stage to simulate the power section of an amp.

Hey, thanks 12afael - but that's waaay too complex circuit - and on top of that it wants a voodoo funky power supply (just looking at it it scares me).

Many gtr tracks ( if not all ) were split so that a "direct clean" part was also recorded,

Some of those clean sounds are a little harder to tell if they're real amps on them because of the chorus and tremolo effects on them, but I did wonder if some of those dirty guitars were sim'ed.

I should post some samples of the sounds I've been getting with the preamp and convolution software to compare with...

tv if you want something with sag check the ada ampulator schematic here http://www.adadepot.com/adagear/gearpages/cabsims/ADA-Ampulator.htm

Now that is quite interesting, Rafael. The sound samples posted seem fairly convincing too. From a DIY standpoint that could be stripped down and adapted to create something fun to play with - say a low wattage push-pull EL84 output stage feeding an output transformer into a dummy load. Speaker sim hanging off the dummy load with a few tweakable controls. You could even have the dummy load bypassable by plugging in an external guitar cab to get a "proper" amp sound at low volume.

Already having brainwaves if you can't tell already... :razz: Must...resist...too...many...DIY projects...

Back