Looking for EMT 245 schematic - Fixed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nele

Anyone have a schematic for the EMT 245? Especially PSU. Have a semi-dead one over here. everything lights up, but level LED's stay lighted and no audio passes through. -15V of PSU is dead, so that's needs repair.
Schematic would be nice as a reference.

Thanks,
Corneel

small update:

I found the schematic for the 244-psu and it looks very similar to the 245. The problem seems to be the -15V. If I detach the psu and main analogue board the psu reads ok: +15V, 0V and -15V. When I hook it up to the mainboard the fuse for -15V blows. There doesn't seem to be a "passive" short, at least I can't measure one, so I guess some part is broken.

My basic question is where do I start? The analogue section looks pretty straight-forward, so what would be the best way to check for errors?

Thanks,
Corneel

Isn't the 245 built with plug-in cards? If so, you could pull them all out and test them step by step to find wich is the one with a fault. If not - ahem, O don't know.

Chris

No, it's one big board with the analogue section and part of the digital section and with a smaller plugin board with a lot of chips (bucket delays?).

Got the unit working! Almost that is... I changed the caps of the -15V power line and the unit powers up without blowing fuses! -15V measures ok and I have sound! The only problem is that only one channel works. The other one is dead.
The transistors close to the output transformer get very hot so there's probably a short somewhere...

It's working again! Changed all the caps and one of the filterchips (UAF41) in one channel was broken, plus one opamp (LF356).
Would it be ok to replace the LF356 with an NE5534 or should I stick to the LF356?

regards,
Corneel

Ouch! Got the unit working, but now it died on me again.. :sad:
The powerlines and analog part are ok. You can hear a loud 'pop' with reverb when I power up the unit and the small led's work (they respond to the switch positions). The gain-meter doesn't respond to the incoming signal anymore and all meter-leds remain on.
I recall the unit slowly breaking as the reverb was a bit distorted and got softer before it stopped working altogether.

Any suggestions?

Does anyone have a servicemanual?

Cheers,
Corneel

A took a while but the EMT is finally working again. Turned out to be a broken LM311...

I have the servicemanual which I'll scan so if anyone's interested...

Cheers,
Corneel

and another request: Does anyone have schematics for the EMT 266 Transienten Limiter?

Max

Hi

I know that's not a kind of a new post, but having this manual would be very helpful :)

Is there any chance to see it in the Technical Docs section? Don't want to bother people with PMs asking them manuals...

Hi folks,

Just a small update about the service manual. The computer I had these on was stolen a while ago :( so I don't have the scans anymore. I might be able to borrow the servicemanual again, but I'm not sure.

Cheers,
Corneel

Hello Nele

No news from the service manual?  :)

I'm still searching it everywhere on the net but it has proven unsuccessful...

Cheers

Just checking on one ever got hold of a service manual/schematic? I have a dead EMT in front of me!

Latest posts

Back