Getting samples from On Semi: how does it work???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I'm searching for complementary pairs of power transistors. I found some from On Semi that can work and ordered them... Paid for S/H and delivery, got confirmation...
Today I received an automatic e-mail from them that transistors of one polarity were shipped...
Does it mean that they changed the order, or they will ship the rest later?

[quote author="bcarso"]They didn't tell you about how their complementary parts are quantum-entangled?[/quote]

No, they did not. What does that mean? It looks like they were stolen from Toshiba, but I don't care as soon as they work well... I am ready to get wide spread of PNP devices, it was always a problem.

By the way, I've found an answer: they shipped what is already in stock, the rest will be shipped later... It is simpler to buy few samples from some online store...

[quote author="Wavebourn"] It looks like they were stolen from Toshiba, but I don't care as soon as they work well... I am ready to get wide spread of PNP devices, it was always a problem.
[/quote]

A long time ago Toshiba and Motorola worked out a cross-licensing agreement to both make some of those power parts. For a while people were jokingly referring to them as Motoshibas and Toshirolas.

When On Semi took over much of the Moto discrete semi biz they continued the practice.

They are good parts, rivalling the big Sankens, and if used carefully can be about as fast as MOS, and maybe even a bit more linear. Of course, keep them out of saturation.

You might want to check out the versions with nearby bias diodes. I think those are strictly On Semi parts, but apparently with the same transistor characteristics.

No thanks; I don't need bias diodes: I need them for class A+C amps. Walker's "Current Throwing" patent was expired I believe, so I can use a bicycle I've reinvented for free, right?

[quote author="bcarso"]Actually it was called "current dumping" I believe---which may well have prejdiced people against it a bit :green:[/quote]

Well, but the patent probably could not be granted call he it "Approximation" :green:

Back