EM Fields and Health

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thermionic

Hi,

There has been a lot of coverage about this issue in the media lately.

Here's a link: http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/

Note that the people behind the organisation aren't stupid.

Anyway, up until now, I've been inclined to put people who claim to have the disorder in the same bracket as those who wear tin-foil hats... However, my GP says he's concerned. It also tends to be women that suffer - note that they tend to be able to hear higher frequencies (sum + difference demodulation).

I've noticed that I occasionally get mild tinnitus when on my laptop (this is not a posture / jaw-related thing btw - I've had that x-rayed for wisdom teeth extraction recently). When I turn off the laptop or leave the room, it goes...

As I write this, my laptop (Dell) is interfering with my TV - I have hazy lines across the screen... I expect this from hairdryers and the like, but I'm only around them for a few minutes at a time, unlike the laptop... The pattern from the laptop looks a bit more menacing than that from a noisy motor (could be my imagination).

What say you? Have any double-blind studies been performed?

Until I know for definite, I think I'll do my best to limit use of the laptop. Switching off the wi-fi doesn't affect the TV.

Cheers,
Justin

The late W. Ross Adey, a decidely non-foil-hat type himself*, IIRC was concerned about negative publicity on this subject because he was afraid it would stop research into potentially beneficial/therapeutic uses of EM. And in fact some studies seemed to indicate that sometimes there was even a protective effect from certain radiations regarding the development of tumors in mice.

Nonetheless he authored this, regarding cellphone radiations:

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=5573

I think it should certainly give one pause.

Typically most of the industry sponsorship was withdrawn when they weren't happy with Adey's conclusions. This short bio/remembrance mentions a mains frequency study that remains unpublished:

http://www.cprnews.com/articles.cfm?cat=1&id=171

*although (adjusting my hat here) he did work with US Dept. of Defense on a top-secret study attmpting to use EM for mind control, according to accounts.

It depends on what to use the laptop for: if to search for a funny stuff and participate in interesting discussions, it is the one story; an another story is if to use it primarily to read bad news, or to argue on online forums, etc... :roll:

[quote author="Wavebourn"]It depends on what to use the laptop for: if to search for a funny stuff and participate in interesting discussions, it is the one story; an another story is if to use it primarily to read bad news, or to argue on online forums, etc... :roll:[/quote]

So using the laptop to look for negative reports on EM is particularly contraindicated?

[quote author="bcarso"][quote author="Wavebourn"]It depends on what to use the laptop for: if to search for a funny stuff and participate in interesting discussions, it is the one story; an another story is if to use it primarily to read bad news, or to argue on online forums, etc... :roll:[/quote]

So using the laptop to look for negative reports on EM is particularly contraindicated?[/quote]

Every negative thoughts caused by laptop will be anchored to it so the next time you see a laptop you will definitely get back that state of mind without any apparent reason.

Brave Romans though made a law against killing messengers who brought bad news despite they will be associated with bad feelings forever...

Edit: not forever, however: if they had a chance to bring good messages that caused collapse of anchors. Modern psychoterapists often use collapse of anchors. For example: http://www.dynamicresources.net/Anchor_Collapse.htm

Another very emotional account that appeared in the inbox, in Joe Mercola's e-letter, from someone who blames his tumor on cellphones:

here

The comments from readers include at least one making a plea for statistical data.

I think I might get one of those acoustic coupler accessories though, as I'm getting significant pressure to join the hordes of cell users. I've managed pretty well until now by virtue of rarely leaving the house, but that has its drawbacks as well.

Latest posts

Back