need to replace audio on DVD and add fx

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony dB

Together with my son I visited the Star Wars exhibition in Brussels a few days ago.
We had great fun and my son and his friend have done a lightsaber fight in front of a greenwall. We have this on DVD, unfortunately, you hear everyone passing by his comments over the coolest battle in the Galaxy ever and I would like to replace the audio of the images and add some extra sound FX. What would be a good program to use here?

ps: as always the Force is with me, only the Knowledge is lost a little :green:

You do know that "the force" is actually gaffa tape, -right?

-"It has a light side, as well as a dark side, and it's strong enough to bin the whole universe together"

:green:

Me? -I'd just use iDVD on my mac, all other things confuse me. -I have a couple of Windoze DVD-authoring applications, but they are far too bewildering for me to figure out how the hell to so any of that sort of stuff...

Basically you're wanting to do Audio Post-Production on the file.

Keith

I could use some simple advice as well ,
is it as easy as pulling the sound file off the dvd , editing it
and replacing the same name file back on the dvd ?
[ i wouldn't think so , but any wise words from someone who does ,
this would be appreciated ]

regards Greg

I use Pinnacle Studio. The basic version only costs $49, upgraded versions at $79 and $112. The reason I got it was because I used to use Adobe Premier, which was highly unintuitive (and bordering on retarded). It was also more than I needed, so I sold that software and bought the Pinnacle. I was looking for something that was easy to use for a non-video person, and the pinnacle fit the bill. Very intuitive, and it does every basic video and audio editing function that I would need. You won't need to read any manuals.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back