LA-2A costs?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can just estimate some of the costs, since I'm in the middle of 2 finally

This is all based on US prices and PCB version

PCB 2.0 and T4B $205
Par Metal Case $80
Front Panel $0 Use Par Metals to $100-$300 from F.P.E.
Or use a case from BM for $200 already labeled out
Mouser parts $60
Small Bear "716 Orange drops" $35-40
Sowter transformers $205
Allied electronics $45 Output cap and Power transformer
Meters specialties $80 for Sifam meter and backlight kit.
Tubes $25-80

So that put's a PCB board version at $750 to $1000 Each depending on your finish quality.

You could save a little coin and find the VU meters on the Black Market or Ebay. Use Edcor transformers for the output (some people havn't been happy using them as inputs). Or do it via Point to Point, without the PCB.

750-1000 $ for 2 LA2A !!! EDITED : for "one" and not "two" !

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

mediumdiscofrog.gif

[quote author="dripelectronics"]

fortunately you can now get some of this.[/quote]

The DRIP boards are a thing of beauty... Greg, can you tell us more about the V3 PCBs?

ah thats the prototype that i just finished an hour ago.

production version is now at mfg.

but she's a gold plated 3oz copper sprague atom using d.c refrenced

beast.

ill post a thread as soon as i can gather the specs.

g.

:shock:

I know Keith... I wrote "2" by mistake, because I was thinking of my 2LA2A board I'm gonna receive soon... :green:

Post corrected !

eD)))

[quote author="dripelectronics"]
she's a gold plated 3oz copper sprague atom using d.c refrenced

beast.

g.[/quote]

sorry to go off topic, but I couldn't help myself... with the spragues & all.

BTW... I think my LA2As came up to just under $700 ea in raw materials... I do buy caps, pots, etc. in bulk so I save a bit there... also, I didn't go with a sexy case like the Purusha... I wanted to, but opted for the generic $79 special. To the door, free ship, no tax...

[quote author="MJFTech"] I wanted to, but opted for the generic $79 special. To the door, free ship, no tax...[/quote]

What do you mean by "generic" ? :roll:

eD)))

[quote author="vertiges"][quote author="MJFTech"] I wanted to, but opted for the generic $79 special. To the door, free ship, no tax...[/quote]

What do you mean by "generic" ? :roll:

eD)))[/quote]

generic... basic, no frills enclosure with black anodized panels & no venting. The one I used was the Middle Atlantic CH-3. Was $79 to the door... looks like it went up a few bucks recently. See Parts Express or Google the piece.

ch3case.jpg

Thanks for all the info, im in the midst of building an 1176 at the moment, when I finish I might do another one of those to have a pair, then move on and look at the LA-2A, always wanted a pair of those as well.. Price is a little steep but i guess its like getting 2 LA-2A's for the price of one manufactured one :grin:

[quote author="kazper"]I can just estimate some of the costs, since I'm in the middle of 2 finally

Or use a case from BM for $200 already labeled out
[/quote]

BM?

Back