Mods--what happened to my posts?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marik

Just a few days ago I remember it as over 1300 and as of now it is down to 1022. Not that I care about my post count or their any particular value, just was wondering if there is any technical problem...

maybe its some of your very early ones have been deleated to make room? have you checked to see when the posts are missing from?

Hey, now that you mention it my post count seems to have also dropped. I don't recall what it was, but I believe it was over 1000 at one point. WTF? Anyone else noticing this? Hopefully its just a database accounting error and not actual lost posts.

A P

Yup, Roger got it.

The Black Market and the Brewery's topics are pruned on occasion to cut some of the fat from the server. Posts in these two forums that have not been responded to in over 90 days get tossed. Then post counts for users gets re-sync'ed. Nothing catastrophic. :thumb:

Occasionally, we get some useful Tech posts in the OT forum. We'll all have to make a mental note: keep useful electronics-related posts out of The Brewery and in the Lab or DB.

Justin

..Or if you see anything in the Brewery evolving into a particularly instructive on-topic thread, thenby all means give me a nudge and ask about moving ir splitting it off into the LAB for example.

Cheers,

Keith

[quote author="SSLtech"]..Or if you see anything in the Brewery evolving into a particularly instructive on-topic thread, thenby all means give me a nudge and ask about moving ir splitting it off into the LAB for example.[/quote]

I think the TNC-Groupbuy from the Black Market might qualify for that. Lots of non-tech posts, but tech-stuff as well. As you might have seen I've started two threads in the Lab for the upcoming tech-discussions (preamps & mics), but it might be appropriate for the Black Market thread as well.
End of suggestion, I'll leave the rest up to the mods

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=27172&start=0

Bye,

Peter

Hehe, remember my user account that got wiped out some 2-3 years ago? I think I was near 1000 posts. I'm pretty sure most posts written by "Guest" are mine.. :green:

Its a bummer that the Chae Neve-ish and Am16 build threads that were in the BM are gone... they were really insightful.

It was in the early years 2000 - 2001... live and learn.

Yeah, we lost some good cinemag wiring info for the API that was nestled in a boards for sale thread.

We'll just be careful to scoot that info over to the lab whenever we notice it.

Latest posts

Back