UK 220v to 110v Converter ??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonebucket

Do any forum member know of a good 220 volt to 110 volt converter??
I ask because I had to replace my old 220v ADA guitar preamp with a 110v ADA guitar preamp because the 220 volt one are very hard to find.

Any help or suggetions would be very appreciated. :cry: :cry:

Have you checked inside the unit ?
Often the windings are available for either 115v - 230v operation just like
when you purchase a Toroid from Farnell etc.

MM.

[quote author="MartyMart"]Have you checked inside the unit ?
Often the windings are available for either 115v - 230v operation just like
when you purchase a Toroid from Farnell etc.

MM.[/quote]

Thanks for the quick response.

I have the schematics for the unit but I have not seen anything about different voltage.

I will check the schematics and open up the preamp.

I had a look at the original schematics and it only mentions different part numbers for the transformer for UK and North america and I cannot find a switch in the unit.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a replacement transformer or step down converter??

[quote author="tonebucket"]Does anyone have any suggestions on a replacement transformer or step down converter??[/quote]
The step-down transformers are available from RS, Farnell and just about any electronics shop.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

[quote author="MartyMart"]Did you check inside to see if there are 2 x 115v windings available ?
Otherwise Mikkel's info is correct.

MM.[/quote]

I had a check on the inside and I didn't find anything on the schematic either besides a parts number for the UK transformer!! :? :?

Why not look at replacing the internal transformer.  I have seen a few situations where dropper transformers cause hum through being too close to other stuff.  Changing the internal transformer is a much better option in my view.

Latest posts

Back