Green glue? A scam?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it's good stuff (the glue), but...

They used to record all those Atlantic cuts back in the day in a room that was the companies office by day, chairs up on tables pushed to the walls, instant studio by night. You think about all the classic cuts that came out of that place? :shock:

I think too much gets wrapped up in hype so that people with big bank rolls can slowly start to see them dwindle. :roll:

[quote author="AnalogPackrat"]I'm surprised B*se hasn't stepped up to fill this need with QuietComfort Noise Cancelling Wall Panel (tm) technology.

:roll:[/quote]

Thye are still looking for the prior art to steal, probably.

I used it in the building of my last studio. It was very expensive but it seemed to work very well.

You could tell just by pounding on the green glue walls what it was doing...it totally absorbed the sound in ways that other walls didn't.

Just be careful with the tubes. I was loading one up and the back popped out= shoe and leg covered in green glue.

Do a test.

Tack glue a piezo pickup to two layers glued together or glue it to a dowel at one end and tack the dowel to the material. or maybe screw the piezo pickup down Drop a ball bearing from a set height on the other side. Record the waveform then FFT etc.

Glue up another two pieces with a different glue (same size and as close a match you can make) Tack the piezo in the same spot and drop the same ball bearing in the same spot.

Now this will maybe dimple the material so you might want to have a matched set of metal plates to glue under the ball bearing

Latest posts

Back