Novation Nova II synth PSU question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob_gould

Hi All,

I've inherited a Novation Nova II synth from a friend who's recently emigrated and didn't want to pay the shipping to take it with him.

The problem is that the power supply has blown (the product of another person's idiotic behaviour) and consequently been removed, so I have no idea what voltages the synth needs.

There is a 6pin header which takes the power onto the mainboard from the PSU, but unfortunately there's nothing written on the board to say what kind of cvoltage it needs.

Is anyone here a Novation expert and can shed some light on this?

Or perhaps there's a way to determine the voltages that the synth needs?

I have sent an email to Novation technical support, asking for a quote for a new psu if nothing else, but have read on various forums that they are hard to deal with s I'm not expecting much from them.

Cheers

Rob :thumb:

If no one gives you any leads try some more Synth oriented forums. There is a few guys on some of those forums who may have one and be able to help you out.

[quote author="kazper"]If no one gives you any leads try some more Synth oriented forums. There is a few guys on some of those forums who may have one and be able to help you out.[/quote]

Thanks - I'll try them too :thumb:

Just in case this helps anyone in the future, a quick email to Novation sorted it.

£14.99 for a new PSU including VAT and delivery!

I was expecting them to ask a lot more than that :grin:

the guys over at Focusrite/Novation are a good bunch of fellas, but no doubt, like everyone else peddaling as fast as they can at work will sometimes let the occasional incoming email slip.

Glad to hear they got back to you with a good solution -- $30 for the PSU is very good value. Nice to see they sold it to you for a reasonable price. I know some companies that would have taken you to the cleaners for spares.

Happy Synthing...

Yep - I was very surprised.

Big thumbs up to them for fair pricing and a quick response to my email :thumb:

Well here's one forum post that will help set the record straight for Novation :wink:

Latest posts

Back