hung chang 5502 oscilloscope manual wanted

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12afael

I`m searching the manual and schematic of the hung chang 5502 20Mhz dual trace oscilloscope.

I bought it very cheap but it has some problems, There is a segment of the board that manages the high voltage that is forming arches, it was repaired for another person. it seems to have had, from factory, some type of silicone , which was removed. what can I use to prevent the formation of arches?. I `ve remove the track that could have carbon traces but now with a wire the problem still occur. I thought putting varnish, even I have silicone as well.

Rafael

Arcs/arcing I think you mean.

You could try carefully routing out some notches---air is likely a better insulator than a deteriorating circuit board. Once those start to carbonize you are in trouble. And the arcing contributes to the deterioration.

Note any sharp points and smooth those over as well, to reduce the field strength in the vicinity.

yes, you are rigth Brad, sorry for my bad english.

You could try carefully routing out some notches---air is likely a better insulator than a deteriorating circuit board. Once those start to carbonize you are in trouble. And the arcing contributes to the deterioration.
I already did that but the "smooth" point is a good hint, thanxs.

Rafael

Latest posts

Back