Dolby 361 mod?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvas

Hello

I´m curious about modding a couple dolby 361 (with cat.22 cards) that i have laying around in the studio, and hear for myself the effect, many people seems to like what it does to vocals. Someone here with a succesfully modded unit could please tell me what to do? maybe these are an interesting addition to my mixing gear?

look at this thread at gearslutz:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/83582-dolby-361-mod.html

There´s some instructions from a dolby guy but other guy says it doesn´t work, pm for instructions...i pm´d him a couple weeks ago with no response yet.

Thanks !

Apologies to Silvas - but if you would like to contact me again - I will be pleased to send you and anyone else the information as a PDF file.

It is very easy to carry out on the Cat 22 module - it simply involves disconnecting a couple of resistors......

Send me a PM with a real e-mail address (as it is a fairly big file with a photo of the board to clearly indicate the components involved).

JG

Hello

I´ve sucessfully done the mod

Very easy to do btw, thanks Audiojohn !

I love it on bass guitar, with a bright bass. Very nice on lead and backing vocals. Still have to try on more things. On snare drum both top and bottom mics, well, unusable for my taste (it brings up all the bleeding from the hats). Maybe cool on overheads or kick drum? have to try that. Highly recommended if you have one or two of these units laying around, i´m glad that i´m actually using things that were just mere rack space fillers !!!

I have a friend that use the dolby on acustic guitars and vocals.

here you can hear some samples.
http://www.javierbassino.com/site/media.html

I will buy one someday.

saludos
Rafael

Latest posts

Back