new tube stereo-compressor (pics)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="zebra50"]

But if you're a marketeer then probably (1).[/quote]

Like this you mean?

http://www.behringer.com/T1952/index.cfm?lang=ENG

[quote author="rob_gould"][quote author="zebra50"]

But if you're a marketeer then probably (1).[/quote]

Like this you mean?

http://www.behringer.com/T1952/index.cfm?lang=ENG[/quote]

Exactly! We autopsied their tube EQ recently. The tube was not in the audio path at all!

:evil:

I apologise if we're getting off topic.

[quote author="emrr"]I have all sorts of ancient obscure broadcast manuals and schematics that I'm not sharing either, unless I get paid. .[/quote]

Unfortunately if everybody here has the same thinking we will not be having this forum in the first place.

Fortunately we have great people like Analag,CJ,Gyraf,drpat,mediatech,Ssltech.Samuel Groner,PRR(list goes on) who choose to share their knowledge without expecting anything much in return.Hats off to you guys :thumb:
I am an Automotive Engineer & design cars during the day.The information *shared* in this forum got me interested in Electronics again- that is priceless to me

...and we have a great bunch of people which left this place because others stole their design/work...name it NYDave, CJ, Winston o Boogie,...

sharing is not everything

[quote author="jensenmann"]...and we have a great bunch of people which left this place because others stole their design/work...name it NYDave, CJ, Winston o Boogie,...[/quote]
I'm not too sure that was the reason. It may have contributed perhaps for some, but not the most important reason - as far as I can have a look in their respective brains of course.

But c'mon, get it out of The Lab section then

I don´t know if it whoever wrote it really MEANS it. Well, tehre were many units posted here for our viewing pleasure, without shared schematics, and it was always good to see a well constructed DIY unit, and that´s all. Now, for posting here it seems that there is a LAW that you HAVE to sahre the schematics??? What this place are turning to? :?: :roll:

Leave it alone.

BTW, great unit.

I have already enought DIY projects for my lifetime. Grow up people. DIY with what we have. Don´t bother wanting schematics for wverything. We have enought, really. With the knowlodge we have going on here, you could build yourself top notch studios. It´s just TOO MUCH hard work for most people around. Or too much time consuming. Whatever. I guess it´s just one more tube compressor. I have a folder in my hard drive with over 300 tube comps schematics and ideas. Like I said, enought for a lifetime.

Make some music. Design your own unit. Draw your own schematics. That´s the spirit here. Share if you want! Share if you can! I share cause I owe it to the people in here.

Don´t bother looking that much into new schematics. There are enough old ones for the schematic copiers. For new ideas you do not need complete schematics. Lots of good discussion going on also.

THERE IS NO LAW THAT ALL SCHEMS SHOULD BE POSTED!!! I´m here since the begining, and I come from the old place since a long time. I always liked in here. People are cool. So, cool down. IF YOU DON´T LIKE IN HERE, JUST GO AWAY!!! If this ridiculous thing goes on, more great people that keeps this place alive with good info will surely leave the house also in the next few months, like we´ve seen it happening many many times. In fact, I´m already getting sick of this place. I only log in twice a month nowadays. I used to log in everyday. I hate when I see threads like this.

Live life. Let the others be. DIY you own things, and you will be happy!

[quote author="kubi"]this box presented here is suspected to be based on a PCB which a very well respected member of this forum designed and which later was sold unauthorizedly by another member [/quote]

It sounds like the majority of the group is suffering from one member, it seems always one who spoils it for all. I think if anyone publishes a design schematic or PCB, they should be asked first for permission for a PCB run for the group.

IMO maybe the correct thing to do is ask the member who did the wrong to shape up or leave the forum, especially if it's generally felt that there presence here is for mining the group for commercial profits from the group's ideas and it's members.

Rafael, right you are, there is no law to share schematics, but unfortunately this box presented here is suspected to be based on a PCB which a very well respected member of this forum designed and which later was sold unauthorizedly by another member

mmm.. It changes things. I was not aware of this...

[quote author="rafafredd"]
But c'mon, get it out of The Lab section then

I don´t know if it whoever wrote it really MEANS it.[/quote]
Hi Rafa,

It was me you were quoting, you should know me in that :wink: I wasn't serious about it (in general - so apart from the selling thing talked about here)

Cheers,

Peter

[quote author="jensenmann"]...and we have a great bunch of people which left this place because others stole their design/work...name it NYDave, CJ, Winston o Boogie,...

sharing is not everything[/quote]

1.Big difference between sharing & stealing
2.I don't think the members left becuase of that reason

I cant believe the number of people getting a hard-on by looking at that front panel.I'd be more intersted in how it sounds.

So many "great build" comments.So does a good looking FP mean "great build".nobody's even seen the frikin innards...what if he had a brick inside...I'm amazed :roll:

Latest posts

Back