USB firmware consultant

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The client is somewhat unsure of exactly what they want. The system is a powered speaker that docks an iPhone. They evidently had some existing functionality typical of iPhones connected to computers, and are now starting to consider more elaborate control/communication with the iPhone.

[quote author="bcarso"]The client is somewhat unsure of exactly what they want. The system is a powered speaker that docks an iPhone. They evidently had some existing functionality typical of iPhones connected to computers, and are now starting to consider more elaborate control/communication with the iPhone.[/quote]

Well, I've only worked with HID class for controll apps, Rochey seem to
point you out to a safe bet.

cheerz
urosh

On July 9th, 2007 Oxford Semiconductor named CEntrance the exclusive provider of solutions based on the OXFW970 and OXFW971 FireWire Audio controllers.

Interesting.. that's why Oxford doesn't list it on their website anymore.

Rochey, I suppose this is who designed the Duet for apogee?

I don't think so - I don't know all the details of the duet, but I know the engineering team at Apogee pretty well (from a Vendor point of view).

I'm sure he won't mind me saying this:
Lucas Van Der Mee - the analog and mixed signal designer there is probably one of the most talented designers I've met in Pro Audio. He really is one of the few designers out there that actually pulls a chip apart, finds it's strengths and weaknesses, then gets the best out of the chip with some external circuitry.

Their digital design group is equally as talented. I believe that one of the reasons they went Apple only is that they can guarantee the OS and the Hardware. That makes it infinately easier to support than the "oh, I built my own PC" market :grin:

Cheers

/Rochey (who built his own PC)

Back