UA 610 style knobs?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adoucette

Anyone ever source a distributor for the big and small style knobs UA is using on their 610's and 610 combos (la-610, 6176 etc)?

And while im thinking about it, anyone ever DIY a 610?

Hi Andre,

I can't help with the knobs. I built a 610 from the schematic that has been floating around here for some time. This is based on the original pre and not the current reissues. I read through the threads here and ended up using a UTC a-25 for the output xformer. Otherwise I copied the circuit exactly and used the power supply from the la2a to power it up.

I've built a bunch of other tube pre's including the G9, one based on a NYD schematic and one from an old RCA tube manual circuit. I've also used a variety of xformers on these projects. I haven't done extensive work with the 610 yet (just too busy at the moment) but I'm very happy with it.

You'll see differing opinions around here about UA gear. If you're looking for a classic tube pre to add 'warmth' to your signal, then you can't go wrong with the original 610.

byron

[quote author="AJMAC"]These are pretty close..

http://www.groovetubes.com/RCA-S_P1206.cfm[/quote]

Is this 6 (2 of each size) x $1 or $6 each?

I think it's $6 each..a little pricey, I have never bought any so I can't confirm that for sure, but $1 each seems rather cheap, and not much is these days.. :sad:

Latest posts

Back