AKG d12 brocken

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drive

I have a AKG d12 that had no more bass, so I decided to open it and see if I could fix it and when opening I cut the little metal wire that go's around it. I dont know what it is but now the mic does not work at all :sad:
what is this little metal wire ?
is there a way to fix it ?

Very common problem for this mic - unfortunately... and as you'll have read when googling some about the D12. Mine is like that as well. :cry:

I guess it's the humbucking coil, IIRIC it has one. If you can't repair it you might be able to skip it and get the mic ~working again.
Move near a power-transformer and your missing bass is back again ! (works for 50 or 60 Hz only :twisted: :wink: )

[quote author="jensenmann"]They are available? I though they are sold out :roll:[/quote]

Well I got one from them probably 2 years back. I think they do a batch every so often, because I first started asking about it several years before, but at the time they didn't have a facility to take credit card payments.

Rob, do you recall what you paid back then ?

What I understood so far for these mics was that w.r.t. spare parts it's over & out for these mics, but who am I ? (just a guy with a PC, Google and an oomphless D12 :cool: )

Thanks,

Peter

Well I'm afraid I cant repair it myself :cry:
Any one know a good place in europe that could repair it ?
I wonder if its even worth it, a capsule is allready 130 euros and thats about half the price of the mic.

[quote author="drive"]I wonder if its even worth it, a capsule is allready 130 euros and thats about half the price of the mic.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking, but decided it was good value for money.

I came to the conclusion that if you spend 130euros you get a mic that is operationally in new condition, for half the price of buying another second hand one that could be faulty. So I bought a new capsule & have been very happy with the mic since then.

[quote author="Rob Flinn"]Peter

I think about 130 euros with shipping. Best thing to do is email Karl. he is very helpful.[/quote]
Thanks Rob, doesn't sound unreasonable when it gets your mic 'like new' again. Just curious, is that for a sub-part only or is the whole 'engine room' (the whole internal chuck) replaced then?

Bye,

Peter

Latest posts

Back