Rimu PCB users?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk@halmi

I am learning the demo version of the Rimu product and I am beginning to like this program. Anyone has experience with it? Good/Bad? The pricing is really good on this and I have little money right now due to recent investments in too many transformers.

Thanks,
Tamas

I'm checkin it out. Looks pretty easy to use. The only thing I don't see is an auto route function? Maybe I'm missin it.

ju

Yep, I'm laying out a board with it right now. I've noticed a few kinks since I started using it, but nothing I haven't been able to work around.

The most aggravating problems are in PCB. When making a new footprint sometimes when you try moving a silkscreen pattern, it just disappears. Also when making footprints, I save them very often because occasionally the video will just hose it's self and cause me to have to close the program to recover. These problems could be unique to my computer/OS though - you just never know.

Another aggravating thing is when you move parts in PCB, the part moves, but the silk screen designator doesn?t always move with it. It seems to depend on how you grab it.

Having said that, keep in mind that the $6000 programs I?ve used like OrCad, Pads, and P-Cad have their quirks as well.

All in all I?d say it?s very good for the money and I certainly don?t regret buying it. I?d sure tell you if I did. :wink:

[quote author="fum"]The only thing I don't see is an auto route function? Maybe I'm missin it.[/quote]No auto-route with this one.

Latest posts

Back