Dual ULTRA enhanced PULTEC with photos !

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolo-m

Here's my second DIY project...

I made everything at home: PCB, inductor, electronic design mods, frontplate cutting, labelling and design... Just a few euros spent on this project and a lot of fun making it !!!

frontplate.jpg

settings.jpg

Great stuff and TRUE diy

Can you share details about the DIY-inductors?
And please lift the hood for some extended pr0n sensation :thumb:

[quote author="tommypiper"]Looks great.

What does the "Ultra Enhanced" refer to?[/quote]

You can find an "enhanced pultec" schematic here on Prodigy. It has 5 frequencies on the BASS and HI CUT section, and 11 in the HI BOOST. Because my rotary switches were 2x6 with no way to stop them in the 5th position, I had 1 frequency in the BASS and HI CUT section so I've got 6 frequencies... And the HI BOOST switch was selectable, but when I bought it there wasn't the stop ring so I decided to had another frequency in this section too !!!

So there's :
LOW BOOST/CUT : 20 - 30 - 60 - 90 - 120 - 250
HI BOOST : 500- 1k - 1k5 - 2k - 3k - 4k - 5k - 8k - 10k - 12k - 14k - 16k
HI CUT : 2k - 4k - 8k - 12k - 16k - 20k

Can you share details about the DIY-inductors?
I used RM10 ferrites from EPCOS
Here's my DIY winding machine :
windingmachine1.jpg

windingmachine3.jpg

And here's some ins photos... This is not really perfect, but it's working... I'll certainly rewire everything later but I don't have time enough now so... I must had the 10k input buffer...
pultecins3.jpg

pultecins1.jpg

pultecins2.jpg

back.jpg

That winding machine is soooooo Erector-Set  ;D

Erector-Set, Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, and LEGO are (were) the DIY training tools!  Did you play with them?

Nice, BTW  ;)

rafafredd said:
bringing it back. I was just curious. What is the gain makeup circuit on this thing??
There's nothing really new there... It is just the G-PULTEC with a few added frequencies. The make-up amp is the Gyraff one.

wtmnmf said:
That winding machine is soooooo Erector-Set  ;D

Erector-Set, Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, and LEGO are (were) the DIY training tools!  Did you play with them?

Nice, BTW  ;)
In France, the brand is MECANO. I used my old toys to build the winding machine... I bought a new one now but I have to modify it because the motor rotate too fast and at the moment, I use an old MECANO motor powered by my train (toy) supply  :-*... I have the new motor but I didn't found time to attach it correctly...
BTW, I'm not sure my children toys will help them in the future...

Back