Various ?'s about 9k project and FPD..opinions welcome!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signalflow

1. I'm trying to design my front panel with FPD. The trouble I'm having is that there are no ruler guides :mad: Right now I'm roughing it out then printing to see if it's correct. How are people getting these measurements correct without a ruler guide?!

2. I want to add inserts to the 9k pre's I'm building but I want to use a multi-pin connector(db25 or something). a) Can I just put it between the un-bal. output and the balancer board or is there much more to it than that? b) Will the audio still pass through even when nothing is connected?

Any help is greatly appreciated......dumbed down explanations welcome :wink:

Casey

1. I think it is right click on object, choose move, then set the object coordinates on the move dialog box
2. Why not patch the preamp outputs rather than insert between unbalanced and balanced outputs ?

Thanks guy's! Now that it's been pointed out it is quite easy :grin:

2. Why not patch the preamp outputs rather than insert between unbalanced and balanced outputs ?

I suppose I could patch the outputs, but it still seems adding inserts shouldn't be that complicated.

If you stick with insert, then try to find on the balancing chip datasheet if there is information about what it like to see as source impedance, you may need an opamp/buffer just before it

I don't know if I am clear... I think something like:
unbalanced output -> INSERT -> [buffer or not] -> balanced output

That's what I was thinking. I'm hoping to get away without the buffer, seeing as I'm running out of room in the case already.

Thanks,

Casey

Latest posts

Back