My GSSL clone for your occular pleasure!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Svart

ok since a few people have recently posted their ssl clones, here is one of my 4. I also posted the .FPD files for these front panels a while ago. still looking for knobs too.. I might have a front panel like this to sell shortly too if anyone is interested...?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/noireclipse/my_photos under GSSL.

Thanks! I also forgot to mention that the meter is illuminated by white leds..(the 6500k ones, soon to be the 3200k ones!) and the pilot light is the purple jewel one from some kind of guitar amp. once i get this one wired I'll put the illuminated pics online too.

Unit looks great !!!

Did you do without the bypass switch?

I'm interested in your front panel... is it a Par-Metal chassis? I'll also need to know which meter you used because I used a B* meter on my last one.

yeah no bypass switch, I just unplug the return bantam cable from my patch bay to bypass(half normaled). no power switch either since I turn off a master power to all my gear when i'm not using it. It's a par-metal chassis, the 1u x8". you can order them without the handles or front panels and they come out like ~10-12$ cheaper. very good quality!

the meter i use, i get from Mouser. it's a modutec ME-DMA-001, mouser part #: 541-ME-DMA-001. they are clear and easy to put a light behind!

I'll know this weekend if i'll have an extra front panel like the one in the picture, complete with the purple jewel. if anyone is interested PM me or i'll put it the black market.

:guinness:

[quote author="Viitalahde"]But I think that the most important control in a piece of gear IS the bypass switch..[/quote]

Indeed, I couldn't live without a bypass switch. That's probably the most used switch on just about any piece of gear I have. In, Out, In... tweak In, Out, In... tweak In, Out, In... tweak In, Out, In... tweak In, Out, In... tweak (get the idea). Sometimes I think I'm going to wear it out... :grin:

i'm a minimalist! since my patchbay is half normaled, i just unplug the return plug and it bypasses the send. other than that, since i figured out my input problem, i haven't even had to turn the output gain away from unity!!

Latest posts

Back