the Poor Man 660 support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering...
where do these meters come from? I badly need them for my poorman.  ;D
fslinks.jpg

dagoose said:
where do these meters come from? I badly need them for my poorman.  ;D

I think it's these:
http://www.canford.co.uk/Products/58-379.aspx

I'll probably be getting them too  :D
They look great!

Rob

[quote author=SIXTYNINER]
THIS  PART : obsolete
no longer available at mouser
www.mouser.com 583-1N4007
any replacemente , wellcome[/quote]
a replacement for a 1N4007 ??? ;D
just use another 1N4007 order number ...
searching mouser I can find 67 different 1N4007
it is just a DIODE, nothing special  ::)

[silent:arts] said:
[quote author=rrs]I am wondering if there are any further developments with the wiring guide yet?
I am a little stuck with the Attack switch at to where the wires go to my rotory switch (6 steps)
Also the bridge rectifier. I see we have one casualty already and i'm not really into guessing myself.
haven't heard of any casualty yet, as far as I know all builders are still alive.

but for "building by numbers" I finished the wiring guide today.
feel free to report any mistakes.
finished wiring guide

[/quote]

Hi
I think that's the same wiring guide as I saw previously.

The attack switch and whole PSU are missing for us "building by numbers" people.
It's been a while now so have everything together just waiting on the extra info (And Power Transformer).

Hi
I think that's the same wiring guide as I saw previously.

The attack switch and whole PSU are missing for us "building by numbers" people.
It's been a while now so have everything together just waiting on the extra info (And Power Transformer).
Wow, you missed something! Everything is on, just check again  ;)

Volker it's great you included the "star ground" . It gonna save  a lot of trouble for non experienced members  :) hey Ethan where is the beer emoticon? I wanna give some gallons to Volker  ;D

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the correct place..... I just received my PM660 circuit boards yesterday. I have a question for the guys who have an operating PM660 or even a PM670. How does this unit perform when used on the mix buss for full mixes? Would you consider it "fast"? I have a dual Altec 436 copy which I built several years ago and I find it to be too slow for a full mix. I believe the 6AL5 detector is the culprit. The electrons don't seem to scoot thru fast enough on a full mix but this compressor works great on a single track like drums or bass. I was wondering if any of you guys have used your PM660/670 on the mix buss and how do you like that? I'm not looking for any type of heavy stomping. Just light compression to knock the peaks down. Thanks, DW.

Tadaaa...

http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/displayimage.php?album=307&pos=0
http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/displayimage.php?album=307&pos=1

Can't wait to get those nice vintage sifam VUs but sounds great anyway.

Yeah, you can finetune how poor you are with those things... ;) :D
Just kiddin'. I used those things as measuring points for the trimmers.
Didn't want to measure from under the pcbs while the unit is on.

Benny why did you mount the transformers in line and close together?  Whats your crosstalk between transformers?

google passive crossover design and proper coil mounting for low crosstalk between coils.

maybe it is not a issue but I would have measured crosstalk as I mounted them.

I didn't really care about crosstalk till I read this now...  ;D
I just mounted them as easily as possible.
No problems soundwise. But I'll propably check that sometime.

Back