the Poor Man 660 support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
analag said:
http://www.tubesandmore.com/ 

+1

I got mine there and they are definitely ceramic too. just tested them by putting my hot soldering iron on one for a minute.

I don't know how hot the 670 gets (but hopefully will soon.. nearly built!!!) but no melting of the sockets with a direct soldering iron application makes me pretty confident..
:)

no-fi said:
I don't know how hot the 670 gets (but hopefully will soon.. nearly built!!!) but no melting of the sockets with a direct soldering iron application makes me pretty confident..

ceramic sockets are fine, plastic sockets will melt for sure

as far as I know we will see some melted socket pics soon :eek:

I have some solens for the 10 uf's on the amp board , one looks
like it is close the a heatsink , i was wondering about that too ?
[ heatwise ]

On another hand when looking at the tube specs , it seemed close to a 12AU7  [ gain of 17 vs 16 ]
To start or in a pinch , this should do , no ?

O.k. don't know what i was thinking other than didn't want to buy them from tube depot

no-fi said:
analag said:

+1

I got mine there and they are definitely ceramic too. just tested them by putting my hot soldering iron on one for a minute.

:)

Are these the ones.
P-ST9-217
P-ST9-217.GIF

Ceramic is ceramic is ceramic. If it's ceramic and it fits the board, you're in business.

Mrosso said:
Anyone try one of these for the rotary switches? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=280296329471
Looking good. Chinese build but it gonna work nice  ;)

Hello, I wired my rotary switches (Uraltone) like that above :) but I'm just confused in one thing... the CCW's resistor in the switch is the one with the lowest value, isn't it? mine is: rotary's pin 1 -> 178R (CCW) to the last 1.62k (full CW)... it's explained in Volker's xls file to calculate the values, I know, but just to be sure!

Cheers,

Eddie.

Hey Folks,

Happy New Year! Part of my resolution is to complete some of the projects lying around, the PM660 being one of them and am on my way now...

I have a quick question in that I'm wondering how specific the values of a couple of the resistors need to be? On recommendation of another member I went with the ¼ Watt Metal Film Resistors in place of the 1/2W's but am finding it hard to find the following values locally.

475R, 121K, 182K, 221K

How critical all these values? They seem to have been chosen for good reason, problem is here the closest I can get is 480R, 120K, 180K and 220K... are these acceptable or will I need to try source the specified values?

I know I can just add series resistors to get the exact values, but it will look messy... if I can get away with the rounded down values I'll got that route, if not, anyone have extras of those values I can buy off you?

Also I've noticed the 'newish' regulated heater board for the PM660... since I've already stuffed the PSU board with the Heater section bar the 25W to 50W resistor is it WORTH playing hit of miss finding the right value for this resistor, or better just buying the reg heater board? Any personal experiences from guys having tried both options?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

,Happy new year to ya all !!

Hi Matta
If you want I can send you the values you need.Just tell me how many of each?
Igot them from Farnell , they're 0.6W.
Cheers!!
T.

RedNoise said:
,Happy new year to ya all !!

Hi Matta
If you want I can send you the values you need.Just tell me how many of each?
Igot them from Farnell , they're 0.6W.
Cheers!!
T.

Hey RedNoise,

Thanks for the offer, it is MUCH appreciated, but in the interim I followed the advice of Volker and just went with the rounded off values. Hopefully all will be well  ;D

Anyone planning on ordering anything from Banzai? Quite keen on getting a pair of the Uraltone 2x24 position switches if anyone wants to help a brother out and piggy back on their order or maybe someone brought extras i can buy off you?

Cheers

Matt

Latest posts

Back