dbx266xl VCA's in SSL clone?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drummerman15

I have a dbx266xl that i haven't used in 2+ years. It has 4 dbx VCA's in it - labeled "DBX V1" with "CHINA 9813E" and "B090" on the other side. They are 8 pin VCA's. Will these work in the SSL? I would gladly tear the dbx apart of o could use those vca's.

[quote author="drummerman15"]I have a dbx266xl that i haven't used in 2+ years. It has 4 dbx VCA's in it - labeled "DBX V1" with "CHINA 9813E" and "B090" on the other side. They are 8 pin VCA's. Will these work in the SSL? I would gladly tear the dbx apart of o could use those vca's.[/quote]

2 of those are VCAs and yes they will work in the SSL clone. The other 2 are RMS followers that are similar to the 2252 by THAT corp. It seems like a waste to hack up a perfectly good existing box when the chips are available for $3 each, from me.

Mark

Maybe this unit could share the same benefit as the Alesis 3630 mods. My unit gets used now. Not on single drum hits, still not clean enough but for distorted guitar buss, it's in. Somebody here must have information on the chips your talking about. Remember 2180xx's are pre trimmed, 2181xx's require trimming to achieve there better distortion specs. Matched with the 2252's (if they share the same topology) the 266xl may be back in use for you. They are a steal on E-bay. I have my eye out for one now. I think someone has mentioned V1's on this forum. Search it here. Gotta go. :grin:

Latest posts

Back