Neumann W492 equalizer DIY project (PCB docs added)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm graphically challenged ;) I could scan it and send it to you. It folds out and would have to be scanned in a few pieces.

They are 18 dB/oct. I use them every day and find them very useful and very good sounding. I would be very enthusiastic to see boards done. The switches have an odd form factor and would be difficult to replace. It would be nice to remake them with currently available parts.

Hi

did you get the chance to  scan that schematic of HT75 HPF/LPF ,i would like to build a dedicated HPF/LPF thingy

Bless

skal1

skal1 said:
Hi

did you get the chance to  scan that schematic of HT75 HPF/LPF ,i would like to build a dedicated HPF/LPF thingy

Bless

skal1
highly interested in this as well. i have a friend who was asking about building some hpf/lpf's for him. i'd love to have some as well. if someone made a pcb, i'd buy quite a few.

also, not sure if TAW still has the pots in stock, but i did an order with all the resistors and caps from TAW. if anyone is building the w492, you can get everything expect the trim pots and opamps from TAW.

I can scan it and send it to someone who can stitch the pieces back together and post it. Any volunteers?

Folks. I promised you my front panel (sticker) files a while ago. But then I couldn't find my memory stick.
Now, guess what!?! It turned up here the other day.

So here I give you my modest artwork. I used an app called InkScape. A great open source project.

http://www.jarlemari.com/diy/w492.svg

If there's interest, I have made some for my other projects aswell. I could host them on my web page.
I used the Sfernice pots btw.

ryansteele said:
are the boards gustav offers spaced for sfernice or omeg? just ordered some boards, need to get going on the pots.

thanks.

EDIT: i'm guessing by the timeline of the discussion that gustavs boards are the original with the 5.08 spacing. the 7.5mm board gerbers seem to have been posted later on. but, please correct me if i am wrong.

Same question...

So I've finished this very nice project (Neuman W492 ;) ) but i have some trouble with the first filter. when i turn the P1 clockwise I get some very ugly pops. on the scope it looks like maybe some DC  or some very powerful distortion.
When i back it of a little is disapearing. I useing a tune for testing so its every time the bassdrum get's hit.

I sounds like the filter is ok, cause I can hear the "sweep"

The other three filters is ok - and sounds very good.

I'm using an unbalanced test signal from my soundcard ( pin1 + 3 to ground) is that a problem?

I have regulated the PT1 to 100 ohms before soldering.

I've checked for soldering bulbs, chacked the resistors (i used 619 ohm isted of 620 ohm - should be ok)
I've changed the NE5532.

I'm running out of ideas here.

TIA

Anders B

Back