Hello from Shalimar..

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sismofyt

Hello folks!

I've been missing in action for some time now. Unfortunaly cancer struck my family and it's been one helluva rough time. I had to drop everything to go to Portugal and take care of my mother. We're all fine now. I'm back in DK and I think I _need_ to DIY again :green: ...

Looks like we got a new home, eh? I knew that asswipe Bialuski was gonna screw things up ever since he banded me years ago :twisted:

Oh, I changed my username, 'cause I split with my company..

Later,

sismofyt

Hey!

Glad that everything is okay now, and great to have you back!

Now, lets see some more of that big scary audio DIY built into surplus medical equipment...

We've missed that!

:cool:

Mark

Man, it´s nice to have you back.

You are the most crazy DIYer.

I would kill to listen more about your DIY speakers.

All and all,

Good to see you.

Sorry to hear about the rough times.

Just last week had to think of you and others who seemed to have disappeared from here - was thinking you & the others actually managed a 100% / 0% balance of music / diy... but it looks like nobody can escape from the soldering iron... :wink:

Welcome back,

Peter

hi Sismofyt,

welcome at The Lab!
Sorry to hear about your rough times.

I lost the micpreampdesign you made a while ago, it was somewhere on a rolandrelated forum.

Would you mind posting it here again?

Thanks
tony dB

Welcome back, Shalimar!

Good to have someone around here more whacked than me.
I don't care how weird someone is, as long as they are as bad as you, N!
Let da man get through!
:grin: :cool:

BYacey, I like my PSU big & passive. I think it sounds nice. So, I may be a nut :green:

It has nothing to with current demands: I've been fiddling with this kinda PSU for fifteen years. I've done all kinds of PSUs, discrete designs, tube, feedback, shunt, batteries, solarcells. I keep comming back to simple LCRs though.

That preamp really needs an update though, like lifted heatervoltage :shock:

Hey CJ! I'm quite normal in this nutty world, or is it the other way around :?: I got a trannie for you to hack :green: actually it's not encapsulated (sp?), but I'd like to know something about it. Can you, by looking at it, tell me if it's airgapped? It's a cool Jørgen Schou. Ask Jakob 'bout them :grin:

Yeah, rafa, we got to get that DIY speaker thing moving again.

Jaakko, gotta go unbalanced to keep the music balanced :cool:

To the rest of you white lab coat nutters, it's nice to be back here. I like this place a lot better than RO. Hope it stays independent. I'd gladly donate... oh 20$ to keep it floating :grin:

Run a bunch of dc thru the coil and see if you can pick up nails with the core!
If you can, it's gapped!
Then throw it away because you just ruined the core.
cj :oops:

But is that Lundahl airgapped? I've run DC into trannies plenty of times.. you know accidents at four in morning :wink: , they all seemed to survive.

Ask my girlfriend, that what she calls me :wink: I dunno really, there are some kinda candy called that too. I just wanted a name for my website and if you google sismofyt you either find my website or or my postings on other forums. I guess it's kinda unique.

There's another danish sismofyt site dedicated to finding out just what exactly is a sismofyt.. the answer is still open! Here it is (danish though)

www.sismofyt.webbyen.dk/vishjemmeside_privat.asp?mode=top_frame&id=66642&side=&webside=753504

Android made out of potatoes is funny :grin:

Back