SSL Clone with 2180 LB VCA. Photo or drawing?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrome Heart

Does someone have a photo or drawing of a complete circuit board with the THAT 2180LB VCA. Lookiong through old threads a lot of photos have been deleted. Im new at this (so please be gentle) and could use a definitive and simple guide. Im building a basic GSSL clone.

Thanks wmtunate, I have that layout but I was really interested in seeing the location of the resistor changes. After looking through the archive Ive yet to seea "definitive" layout of this. Most pictures/drawings are put up to be double checked. Like I said, Im new at this and I just want to avoid having to mess with tracers once Ive soldered them. I recapped a Soundcraft 24 ch console last year and taking stuff out is a bitch. :mad:

Check here http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/ssl/ssl.pdf

Notice the 27k resistors are changed from 15k for unity gain and the 127K resistor is changed from 100k.

Also notice the addition of the 47K resistor to the threshold pot.

These few changes along with the previously posted diagram for different vcas and you should be all set with your 2180LBs

Hi Guys,

Is there  any modifications to do with 2180LB compared to the original schematics?

Latest posts

Back