Bill CLinton's letter to John Hinckley

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSLtech

In case you’ve forgotten John Hinckley; he was the rather deranged young man who shot President Reagan a good few years back. John was obsessed with movie star Jodie Foster, and extremely jealous too… and in his twisted mind he loved Jodie Foster to the point that -to make himself known to her- he attempted to assassinate President Reagan.

With that in mind...

The staff at the mental facility treating John Hinckley reports intercepting the following letter from Bill Clinton:

[quote author="Bill Clinton"]
Dear John,

Hillary and I wanted to drop you a short note to tell you how pleased we are with the great strides you are making in your recovery. In our country's new spirit of understanding and forgiveness, we want you to know there is a bilateral consensus of compassion and forgiveness abroad throughout the land.

Hillary and I want you to know that no grudge is borne against you for shooting President Reagan. We, above all, are aware of how the mental stress and pain could have driven you to such an act of desperation.

Hillary and I are confident that you will soon make a complete recovery and return to your family to join the world again as a healthy and productive young man.

Best wishes,

Bill & Hillary Clinton

PS: Barack Obama is screwing Jodie Foster.[/quote]

If Hillary were to become VP I would be even more worried about Obama's safety---it would be a situation waaay too close to the original version of The Manchurian Candidate.

I am not down on the Clintons because of Bill's peccadillos, or Monica missles (or other foreign policy diversions) or even the lies about it all. It's the far more sinister things that apparently went on before and during the presidency, if many accounts are to be believed.

Or the far more sinister things in the current administration, or in Reagans, or Nixon's, or Truman's, oh let's switch countries... or Trudeau, or Bennett, or Mulroney, or Harper, or my personal favorite, John Turner. I'm not kidding.

[quote author="dale116dot7"]Or the far more sinister things in the current administration, or in Reagans, or Nixon's, or Truman's, oh let's switch countries... or Trudeau, or Bennett, or Mulroney, or Harper, or my personal favorite, John Turner. I'm not kidding.[/quote]

What about Mugabe, Chauvez, or rulers in Sudan, Burma, etc...

I'm not kidding either.

JR

Score one for the good(?) guys.. Columbian army rescued some high profile hostages from the rebels by pretending they were making a prisoner move with helicopters.

Sounded like something out of a mission impossible movie.

JR

[quote author="JohnRoberts"]Score one for the good(?) guys.. Columbian army rescued some high profile hostages from the rebels by pretending they were making a prisoner move with helicopters.

Sounded like something out of a mission impossible movie.

JR[/quote]

That action IMO was one of the brightest spots in recent history. I was totally touched by it. Go team go!

[quote author="bcarso"]That action IMO was one of the brightest spots in recent history. I was totally touched by it. Go team go![/quote]
Amazing M:I action indeed, a few days ago there was even a clip of it on TV, phew, risky situation.
Let's hope they can get the others free as well and I hope that these people didn't got an even harder life now the others have been saved.

I don't get that thing about the Nobel Peace Prize though, isn't that Chilean President messing up a few things ?
http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5i7fdtt7jX2vHDy07G4Usr3QCFj8w

Pretty funny letter, but on the topic of the rescue, am I the only one who immediately thought of the 400 other hostages who are now getting really screwed cause these guys got out? not that they shouldnt be rescued, but I hope the treatment of the other guys was at least thought of, and why just these 5 people? I guess the people holding the hostages are having a lot of desertions so maybe this is the right time to get em, but that is what i thought of first.

[quote author="amorris"], but on the topic of the rescue, am I the only one who immediately thought of the 400 other hostages who are now getting really screwed cause these guys got out? not that they shouldnt be rescued, but I hope the treatment of the other guys was at least thought of, and why just these 5 people? I guess the people holding the hostages are having a lot of desertions so maybe this is the right time to get em, but that is what i thought of first.[/quote]
No you're not the only one, see also above. I thought there were 15 out now, but indeed, the story shouldn't end there.

unconfirmed, of course...

When I was at school, my sister was schoolfriends with one of the actors when they were filming Bugsy Malone. (She was at KDHS in Liverpool, the film was shot at Pinewood, IIRC) -He was the only main actor who wasn't at the reunion a few years ago, since he'd committed suicide.

The reunion is interesting in that Scott Baio and Jodie Foster were talking about a brief 'romance'... which seems so long ago now that they didn't even seem certain that it had ever been "real"

Jodie Foster came straight to filming that oddity after filming "Taxi Driver" and was struck -among other things- by the difference in professionalism standards between the British and the American child actors, I seem to recall. -Sadly the British kids were rather less professional...

As a kid, I remember not being very impressed with the film, and I couldn't stand most of the musical bits. -The ending seemed to be a sort of "we've run out of film, so we'll just end on a song" sort of affair... and I thought that my sister's friend's acting was about the weakest in the movie... Looking back, it seems to have been a film for ADULTS, starring child actors, and over time, I look back upon it more fondly.

Who'd have thought that 'Taxi Driver' would have turned out to have the effect that it did?

Keith

Back