Anyone have access to a Trident 80B?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matta

Hi Guys,

I posted this over in the Yahoo Trident Group but thought I'd do the same here.

I'm about to embark on making an 8 channel sidecar of the 80 series Eq's from the S800 PCB's that are being offered by Joel and Peter C.

I'm wanting to try and get close to the legending on the original 80B and am struggling to find a good macro shot of the 80B EQ section, it won't look the same as the pots are displaced and will be using toggle switches not push buttons, but it more the vibe I'm going for.

If anyone owns an 80B or has access to one any chance you could you snap a close up shot of the EQ section for me and e-mail it to me @ matt(@)matt-allison(.)com (Remove the brackets!)

Cheers

Matt

EDIT: A couple of you have sent me pics of the ATB I'm looking for the ORIGINAL 80 series EQ's, the PMI/TOFT Audio ATB has different EQ points and an additional band.

Hiya Rob (saw you over on the Trident Group as well),

Well it could/would be nice to take a peek at the 75 none the less. If you have camera handy and time for pics it'd love to see it (the Trident, just incase you needed clarification :shock: )

Cheers

Matt

[quote author="matta"]Hiya Rob (saw you over on the Trident Group as well),

Well it could/would be nice to take a peek at the 75 none the less. If you have camera handy and time for pics it'd love to see it (the Trident, just incase you needed clarification :shock: )

Cheers

Matt[/quote]

Matt my channels are trimix/70 series channels NOT 75 series, they are different.

Matta, what are your plans for the build? what kind of enclosure are you going to use? I ask because I'm ordering 8 boards with the same idea in mind and wanted to see what your thoughts were. Also I'm planning on going for the original look too, I can get engraving done where I work, but any ideas on where to get those knobs?
Thanks,
Adam

Does this help?

http://www.studitech.ru/resque/manuals/trident-mta/trident-80b.pdf

http://pages.emerson.edu/faculty/O/Owen_Curtin/TridentManual.pdf

Best Regards,

M.

Hi Rascalseven,

That reminds me; do you have the mechanical data for the potentiometer layout on the PCB? (For making a front panel)

Thanks!!!

M.

Thanks Joel!

I've just got in from a weekend away so will get to my mails ASAP. I have some thoughts and will shoot you a mail later to discuss them.

Once I've gone over the plans with Joel (since he is the only one with a working unit) and we get the go ahead I'll share my thoughts here and you guys are welcome to use them if you want.

Rob, thanks, obviously I can't read :?

Cheers

Matt

Thanks Matt - can't wait to see what you've got planned, your builds always look great!

:thumb:

Back