Some More Joe Cocker

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinkin' that looks like Leon Russell---but playing geetar? If I ever did know the Mad Dogs and Englishmen tour personnel, I'd forgotten it.

Back in the early '70's, Jim Gordon had bought the house across the street from where I was renting, on Encanto Drive in Sherman Oaks. Oh the stories where I was, at 15257... but I dare not digress.

Jim bought a new 450SL sedan...the paper plates never came off. I don't imagine the oil got changed either.

He had a piano moved in at one point. On a few occasions, we would see Jim and Leon R. carrying bags of groceries up the steps. The next few days consisted of fairly constant jamming, all hours, drums and piano, with no one emerging from the premises.

Thw wiki says he is still incarcerated, after beginning to hear voices, and killing his mother. I'm tempted to blame the schizophrenia on his working with Glen Campbell, but that's a minority view. The cola might be involved.

[quote author="bcarso"]I'm thinkin' that looks like Leon Russell---but playing geetar? If I ever did know the Mad Dogs and Englishmen tour personnel, I'd forgotten it.

Back in the early '70's, Jim Gordon had bought the house across the street from where I was renting, on Encanto Drive in Sherman Oaks. Oh the stories where I was, at 15257... but I dare not digress.

Jim bought a new 450SL sedan...the paper plates never came off. I don't imagine the oil got changed either.

He had a piano moved in at one point. On a few occasions, we would see Jim and Leon R. carrying bags of groceries up the steps. The next few days consisted of fairly constant jamming, all hours, drums and piano, with no one emerging from the premises.

Thw wiki says he is still incarcerated, after beginning to hear voices, and killing his mother. I'm tempted to blame the schizophrenia on his working with Glen Campbell, but that's a minority view. The cola might be involved.[/quote]

Poor Jimmy, such an awesome drummer. I wonder how he's doing, imagine the regret he has. That's assuming he's somewhat lucid and not medicated to the hilt.

The voices where probably just one voice, Phil Spector's gun-toting voice.
*YOUR TIMING WAS OFF!* :twisted:

Latest posts

Back