RePreAmp; yet another wayback build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

This was a custom build commission I received in 2002 or so. Goal was to have a device that could be used for sending multiple recorded signals out to instrument stomp boxes and returning them to a console. So it handles reamping type duties on output, and had DI with gain type preamps for the returning signals. I came up with my own circuit for the reamp section with variable attenuation available, and the preamp is probably straight out of a Jensen transformer app note. Unit used Jensen input and output transformers. Console interfacing on the rear panel, stomp boxes on the front.
2627883755_a8980395d4_o.jpg

some shots of the guts during the build:
2628700674_505da0b2b9_o.jpg

2627883925_08f0f94d16_o.jpg

nice one. i've been thinking about something similar myself... basically a reamp/preamp combo for using pedals in a mix situation...

i was thinking about a pull out rack tray underneath the main unit for pedals to sit on, with the i/o leads clamped to the back of the tray...

all i need to do is finish a couple of hundred projects and i'll be right on it.

:cool:

[quote author="haima"]
all i need to do is finish a couple of hundred projects and i'll be right on it.

:cool:[/quote]

Amen! :green: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks!

thanks for the painted front panel. it makes me feel less ashamed of my makeshift non engraved front plates. :wink:
one day i'll find the time to make my projects look great.
so far they sound great so im happy
hope to do something like this some day but cheaper transformers will have to do.

[quote="haima"

:cool:[/quote]

I agree. Nice work. Do you like how it sounds?

I really liked the DI return section. The outgoing 'reamp' section did the job.

I have no problem with the hand painted look, but modern technology advertising aesthetics have us all convinced that it can't possible be a well built quality product if it looks in any way to be hand made, and not built by super robots from the sterile vacuum of outer space. Hand painted is desirable in plenty of other fields.

Latest posts

Back