Issues with Firefox

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterc

Hi all

I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on a few foibles I'm having with Firefox on my on my Win XP machines.

Firstly, when I open the Lab page, it will not log in automatically, no matter how many times I click the "remember me" box. There are unread posts so I click the "view posts since last visit" link, but it tells me that "no items meet the criteria" or something similar.

Secondly, & more importantly, when I try & answer a post, after clicking submit, FF shows a message "invalid session" & even if I log on again, it gives me the "invalid session" message.

Any ideas what to do? I use FF with a Mac at work & all is well. I have upgraded all my machines to FF 3, with the same errors.

:cry:

Thanks, Peter

[quote author="Svart"]hmm I use FF3 and I've never had an issue like this. I would have thought cookies too..[/quote]

Same here - no problems like you describe at all..........

I am at a loss as to your problem.

Rod

Peter,
Sometimes weird corruptions can happen to the "profile" you are using in Firefox. Try and add a new profile (google it) and open the sites you are having problems with in the new profile and see if that helps. It solved one of my problems very recently. You don't have to delete the profile you are using now or anything like that.

Good luck!
Joel

> when I open the Lab page

Exactly what URL?

There are several alias URLs which "get here" but confound your cookie machine.

Peter,

Under Tools-Options-Privacy do you have the "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" checked? What about under Tools-Options-Security...do you have "Remember passwords for sites" checked?

A P

AP

Under Tools-Options-Privacy do you have the "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" checked? What about under Tools-Options-Security...do you have "Remember passwords for sites" checked?

I dont have the "clear private data" option checked, will try that when I get home.

I do have the "remember password" option checked.

Thanks!

Ooh, I guess my message was confusing. You don't want the first one checked as it will (depending on the Settings beside it) zap you browser state every time you exit. So you don't want that to happen. I thought you might have it checked which would explain what you were seeing.

Anyway, looks like I struck out with my guesses. Hope you get it sorted.

A P

did you try a new profile to see if the problem is there? I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but it worked for me. It takes about two minutes.

Then you will have narrowed the problem considerably.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+profiles#Creating_a_profile

Pete,

I have the same problem! I think it may well have to do with our ISP's/Gateways here in SA. I have the issue on my MAC and PC with Firefox and IE... took my SAME Macbook to the USA last month and had NO PROBLEMS... it has been driving me crazy as well... so you are not alone... not sure what to do about it...

Cheers

Matt

Back