rotary switch scale degree help needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonkan

Im sitting here trying to figure out how to make the degrees on my frontpanel for these cheap rotary switches. So that i can make a scale in frontpanel designer from scratch.

link: http://fk-industrie.de/showImage.php?bild=SRCL37z.jpg

Im having trouble understanding how the degrees between the different stops are on it, even though i have the schematic.

Can anyone help me clarify?

Is it 15 degrees between the stops for every stop the whole way round?

Its the 10 and 12,5 degrees on the schematic that is confusing me.

Or is it 10x2 degrees between stop 1 and 24, 12.5 between 23-24 and 1-2, and then the rest 15 degrees?

What about the stops 11-14 then, directly opposite the 1-2+23-24. Are they also different, or 15 degrees?

I hope you can understand what i mean here.

Thanks!

/J

very confusing
i;ve always taken the number of steps that would make a full rotation and divided 360 by that...but that drawing does not make sense to me. you might have to measure or ask manufacturer for clarification

Dunno if you speak german, so I just gave them a call.
Turns angle between steps is constant 15°.
For a 24 pos. rotary switch you'll have no end-stop.
With end-stop you'll have to order a different No., comming with 23 steps.
-Harpo

Thanks alot! My german is pretty bad. Ich spreche ein bischen, aber nicht so gut... (was that right?)

So, basically if i get the ones without endstops i can use the vertical axis and put the first point 7,5 degrees from that and then just carry on in 15 degree steps.

Why the strange schematic then, if it doesnt match up with the product in real life?

Strange.

Well, thanks alot again!!
/J

[quote author="Jonkan"]Thanks alot! My german is pretty bad. Ich spreche ein bischen, aber nicht so gut... (was that right?)[/quote]
Sounds perfect to me, :thumb: so next time you'll call them yourself :green:

[quote author="Jonkan"]So, basically if i get the ones without endstops i can use the vertical axis and put the first point 7,5 degrees from that and then just carry on in 15 degree steps.[/quote]
So I was told.

[quote author="Jonkan"]Why the strange schematic then, if it doesnt match up with the product in real life?
Strange.[/quote]
If you look closely again, the angles match their quoted values.
15° between each solderlugs center,
10° spacing between solderlugs outer/inner dimensions,
12,5° between solderlugs center and lugs' outer dimension.
-Harpo

Back