How poor can you be and still make the Poor Man's 660?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodega

Which is to say... anyone have any estimates of how much it would cost? Specifically I'm thinking for those of us in the US/Canada.

Personally, I couldn't care less about whether it looks like the original, or for that matter, if it looks good at all, I'm just looking for a very, very good compressor.

Apologies if this has come up before; I did a search and didn't find anything specifically mentioning costs of the whole project.

thanks!
Matthew

I'm coming in around $800 for the stereo version, and I already have a 'free' set of VU meters and will be machining my own case. I think $700-$900 for stereo. Mono? Not sure.

That's about right, I estimate £400 - £500 for a stereo without case !

But hey, don't forget that it will get you that sound that's worth $30,000 even
if you COULD find one !

MM.

[quote author="kubi"]That stupid forum software told me it's in Debug-mode and saved my answer five times. :roll:[/quote]
I edited out the other four.

Keith

[quote author="kubi"]That stupid forum software told me it's in Debug-mode and saved my answer five times. :roll:[/quote]

Keith

Keith

-I also have a sick sense of humour!

:twisted:

Keith

$800... doesn't sound so bad for two channels. If I go with just the one channel, I might be able to sell off some gear to justify that.

I've got the UAD-1 Fairchild, which I've gotta say is pretty damn good, so if this is audibly better... gravy!

Back