job opportunity in Los Angeles

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigugly

Hey all,

I'm making a permanent move back to my home state of Illinois and I need someone to fill my part time engineering position. The lucky person would be working with the Grammy and Emmy winning composer, Patrick Williams. Sessions would be on an as needed basis in his private studio in Brentwood.

job requirements:

good mixing skills-music genre is Jazz and Orchestral/Film Score

good tech/systems skills-you would be responsible for maintaining the studio, this includes cables, patch bays, mics, rack gear, ect.

good computer skills-must be familiar with OSX and Win XP Pro, Pro Tools, Digital Performer, Giga Studio.

Anyone interested please PM me with you phone # and email address. I can answer any general questions here with the exception of money. That will be done face to face(preferably) or over the phone.

Cheers,
James Lee
Big Ugly Audio

[quote author="okgb"]Best wishes , hope the move is a good one
[ like being able to afford a house , or more stable work ][/quote]

Thanks okgb. Housing and regular work are the two main reasons I'm moving. I'm buying my brothers 2nd house. It's on a small lake with its own private beach and boat dock(he's leaving his boat here in the summer). It's over 2900 sq/ft of livable space and it's less than $150K. I've also been seeking a job in broadcast. There are over 40 stations within a 30 min. drive from my new place. And the kicker is that I'll only be 5 minutes away from my teenage son.

other than winter , lakeside sounds nice
Broadcasters seems to be pairing down a bit , except for sports
which can take you out of town allot
I'm sure the commute will be nothing compared to living in LosAngeles ,
the gig your leaving doesn't sound bad either , other than not knowing
how much or often you get to work .

send us some pix when you arrive ,
take care & be well , regards Greg

Back