mic body materials

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at McMaster Carr on the web. Lots of good stuff, grill screen in brass,steel and stainless also look at bar rail tubing and end caps. (The brass rail you place your feet on at a bar)

At a good heating plumbing place you might find larger diameter copper tubing.

Wouldn't it be possible to chrome plate a brass or copper tube? Then you wouldn't have to worry about the copper or brass tarnishing when the mic is handled, right? Plus, I'd think it would look bitchin' :cool:

[quote author="Frank"]Consol:

If'n you're really interested in bamboo I'd be glad to part with a nice piece. I'm in possession of a pile of it that was salvaged by an industry buddy from the Gilligan's Island set.

.[/quote]

Reminds me of my bong making days.

Hey....don't they have some sort of metal bongs these days?
A bong microphone!

Can't seem to find the forum item, but I know somebody made a mic body out of the brass bar railing from McMaster-Carr.

I just bought 4 feet of the stuff and a few end-caps. My question is, finishing it? Is the polish that's on the brass worth protecting, or should I expect to have to repolish and clearcoat after I've finished cutting out windows and drilling holes?

Latest posts

Back