where can i find a bus bar to star ground a soundcraft 400b?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outoftune

looking for a buss bar like in the eddie ciletti article. anyone know where I can find one or something else that will work?

http://www.tangible-technology.com/articles/200b.html

200fig_4.jpg

> anyone know where I can find one

In your basement fuse-box.

Oh wait, you're using that one.

Home Depot etc. Heavy electrical aisle, under/near fuseboxes.

Every US/Can service panel has one built-in. There used to be a plastic GE 8-breaker box so cheap you could buy it just for the bus. But they are also sold separately, because if you have a sub-panel separate from your Main Service Entrance, you are required to keep your Neutral and Ground on separate buses, so a standard panel needs an added bus. They usually have some very strange shape which snaps-in on the same-brand panel but makes it awkward for anything else.

You can also buy terminal screw strips and jumper bus stock or just some naked wire.

prr, as usual, you are the man. that explains why i had a hard time finding them.

should i turn that big switch off before i take the one outta my electrical panel? :grin:

if you put electrical tap on your fingers you probably dont need to turn that switch off....but i would maybe turn it off... :green:

[quote author="3nity"]if you put electrical tap on your fingers you probably dont need to turn that switch off....but i would maybe turn it off... :green:[/quote]
i will make sure that i am wearing wet shoes with non rubber soles..

The Soundcraft 2400 includes a very similar mod, but it is not a star ground - it is a plated copper bus bar, 1/2" wide and 1/8" thick, supported on litle plastic clips. Along it are soldered 20 gauge stranded wires that attach to each channel strip. Clean installation, perhaps not quite as good as a star ground with differential buss drive (like the 6000) but a lot better than the older ones.

Latest posts

Back