DIsappearing desktop icons...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Ptownkid"]So, i had a whack of files on my desktop, and this morning everything disappeared except for program links...any ideas?[/quote]

A trickster roommate/wife?

[quote author="Ptownkid"]and put them where? They were files...[/quote]

I dunno I am not really a windows kind of guy. But at work we have that message come up every so often: windows is removing unused icons from the desktop. Try checking the trash?

or try and search for one of the files if you know the name.

My system periodically asks me if I want them removed, but has never done it of its own accord.

My friend Kathy, who was working for me for a while, loves to maximize uncluttered screen area. Unfortunately she assumed that I would be happy with any changes she made, and I had to advise that I generally was resistant to change in anything that worked adequately.

Empty desktops are boring, and like Brad says, don't change stuff that works.
I'm using stuff on desktop a lot: remembering the first few characters, typing them and there you have it, the file opens... no need to look it up in this or that directory.

As a consequence, the desktop of the 22" widescreen TFT at work was completely full with icons last week :twisted:
Connecting a second monitor solved that, I can go on for a few weeks again :grin:

Bye,

Peter

Back