Church Mic Schematics uploaded to groupdiy G-mail

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Sorry it took a while guys but I had to find them.

I uploaded what schematics I have on the church mics. I know a few of you guys had asked me for them. Hope that helps.

Is this not the correct schematic here:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=161562#161562

Still, good to have it for reference in th Gmail account.

Thank you very much, when I checked back the image link was broken. Thats why I asked. Funny design, did anybody hear such a mic ?

nicholas

Has anyone had a go at this?

I can't quite read the model number. Triad JD11? JD13? (EDIT the linked thread says JO23). Presumably that output transformer is gapped?

Thanks Gus - I'd missed that at first glance. I guess it just wasn't where I was expecing to see it.

Some guy on ebay is selling Peluso-made recreations of church mic transformers. I wonder if these are based on reverse engineering an original triad?

EDIT:
Here it is! It has taps for 600 / 250 and 50 ohm outputs.

[quote author="zebra50"]Some guy on ebay is selling Peluso-made recreations of church mic transformers. I wonder if these are based on reverse engineering an original triad?
[/quote]

Judging by the Peluso version of the BV8, I think I'd maybe pass, even though I haven't used one myself. Is the Triad model available often?

Interesting. I take it you're not too impressed with the BV8?

I haven't looked for the JO23 before, but thought I might try something church-ish for my next build. Actually I was really looking for valve mic circuits without output caps, for fun - although as gus pointed out, this isn't one of them!

[quote author="zebra50"]Interesting. I take it you're not too impressed with the BV8?[/quote]

No, purely speculation from Rossi and Ioaudio's reports in the Black Market supported with photos. There was no way I could see how this was a proper equivalent, even just by judging by the size.

Back