1176 Meter in GR Mode does nothing.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr-Mbogo

Hi there!

I just finished my first of two 1176´s with rev. H boards of mnats. This device sounds great! Everything seems to be ok. With two exceptions:

1. The VU-Meter (Sifam AL-29) doesn´t behave as it should be. In GR-Mode it reads -5 and stands still. It moves normally in VU-Mode. Attack and ratio does not affect the behavior of the meter. When I switch the device off, the meter behaves like an indicator for the charge of a capacitor. Takes approx. 10 sec. to reach inf.

2. Hum. Sounds like 100Hz. I did the advices of mnats (reducing hum to a minimum). Its getting better now. But there is still hum.

For the Meter problem I searched the web, the official 1176 help thread - but didn´t came out with a solution. Is there really nothing? Or am I just to blind...

Does anyone have an idea?
Thanks in advance

Mbogo, you should probably tack this onto the end of the official 1176 thread so we can keep track of it. Has the unit been calibrated? I'd go through the calibration first. If it has then repost this to the offical thread so everyone can help you out.

Ken-

[quote author="kenrinc"]Mbogo, you should probably tack this onto the end of the official 1176 thread so we can keep track of it. Has the unit been calibrated? I'd go through the calibration first. If it has then repost this to the offical thread so everyone can help you out.

Ken-[/quote]
:thumb:

Sorry for that! :oops:

It was my first post. I wanted to get as quick as possible through this issue. I will put it in the official 1176 help thread.

Would like to delete this post. But...

Back