No posts exist for this topic?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Svart

Why am I getting this a lot lately?

I get this when trying to go into a thread that was just replied to a few hours ago, not a long forgotten thread.

I've also had a lot of problems getting errors when moving between sections too.

Is it just me?

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Domains\groupdiy.com\wwwroot\forum\db\mysql4.php on line 118

Also getting errors like this every other time I click on a post.

I can run the same search several times in several days and get different results, including 'no topic'.

I frequently cannot reference posts I've made with a combo word and author search, and have to dig through my entire post history to find them.

Lately I am getting booted out several times a day, and have to sign in constantly.

I have seen that one too, not as frequently. Usually during the (frequent) 'fatal exception - time outs / server not responding' events that occur. I NEVER post anymore without copying my post first. [/i]

[quote author="emrr"]I NEVER post anymore without copying my post first. [/i][/quote]

The same for me... I've lost too many posts... :roll:

eD

emrr wrote:
I NEVER post anymore without copying my post first. [/i]

The same for me... I've lost too many posts... Rolling Eyes

eD

Yep, just when you've written the work of a lifetime...

Sometimes I'm able to back-arrow and copy the cache or if I'm really lucky re-submit from there.

oh yeah I'm grateful of the Prodigy Pro for hosting this forum.

My original post was only to verify that my personal machine/internet wasn't having problems and that if the server was having problems, let it be known that these issues seemed to happen very recently, not over time which I would think would be the case if it were overloaded. Judging from the "overnight" nature of the problems on my end I would think that it was an update gone bad or something of that nature.

I don't know though, I'm no longer an expert on servers. That stuff passed me by 10 years ago. :roll:

[quote author="Svart"]oh yeah I'm grateful of the Prodigy Pro for hosting this forum. [/quote]

Amen to this...
bow.gif

[quote author="bcarso"]I'd not be surprised if the popularity of this forum is taxing the hardware. And I'm reminded of the generosity of our host once again! :thumb:[/quote]
No, this is happening all the time and I've checked the number of visitors, it is only in the tens..
Maybe they've started running something else on their servers.

EDIT: AARRG it happened when submitting this post..
Is there a problem with some code locking tables?
Did you just start using transactions in your SQL?

I'm not complaining about this but I'm having similar problems since about
2 or 3 weeks.
Time outs and fatal error messages almost every time I'm here.
Peace,
Marty.

Please take a look at the Announcement section: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=28857

[quote author="Svart"]
Donations perhaps?[/quote]
Last time that subject came up, people got rubbed the wrong way, but it certainly wouldn't hurt because paying for the server does come out of someone's pocket. I'll create a little forum donation button at the bottom of the forum, just a small voluntary donation fund to help with upkeep on the forum. No one is obligated, but for anyone that feels compelled I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Back